Forgetting your password can be painful in many instances, specifically when you have something urgent assignment to complete. In case, you have set a power-on password, you cannot unlock it without HP support, but if it is simply log on password you need to reset, check out below steps.
- Press power button and hold it for five seconds.
- Once laptop turned off, turn on the HP laptop
- Now before window open, press f8 button, make sure you press it before screen load.
- Select “safe mood option” from advance menu option and select admin account
Reset your password
- From start menu go to the control panel and select “users account”
- Select the desired account whose password you want to reset
- Select the option chose password and follow the instructions.
To unlock HP password
Once you will assign a password to your HP computer’s BIOS configuration utility, you have to enter a password to access the BIOS every time. If you forget the password, don’t fear, you can retrieve it anytime. There is still a way to unlock your BIOS without knowing the password, check and follow below steps to recover HP password.
- Turn on your HP computer
- Press “F2″ to load your HP BIOS access screen. A password prompt will load on your monitor.
- Type “merlin” into the password field (with no quotes) and hit your “Enter” keyboard key to unlock your HP BIOS password.
However, in case it doesn’t help, contact HP technical support numbers and get instant help from technician.